Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunset on the Mall


Sunsets have always had a special place in my heart. During golden hour it’s pretty hard to take a bad picture.  But on this day at this moment, this was the best sunset I had seen in a while.  Not because of the getting up before 4am, or driving 4 hours on interstate 95, and driving another 2+ hours after this sunset, but this sunset was special because of the friend I spent it with.  It was the perfect way to end our day in D.C.  Some days you will never forget and this was one of those days.  If I could replay one day from last year this was it.  After visiting the Washington Memorial, we headed toward the Lincoln Memorial.  As we walked, I paused for a moment to take a quick shot.  Click.  We continued our walk.  This capture may not be the best sunset picture I have ever taken.  But I will tell you one thing, it was one of my favorites.  

A sunset is the sun’s way of telling us ,“I’ll see you again”.  It’s bright warm tones leave hopeful readiness for it’s return.

No comments:

Post a Comment