Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A fence post


One thing I have learned about myself over the past year or two is very simple.  I like fence posts as a subject for photography.  For one very simple reason, fence posts don't move.  After a long day of sitting inside, I decide to go outside and go shoot some wildlife.  The problem I have found is that it takes a lot of patients to do so.  Don't get me wrong, I grew up hunting and fishing.  I will spend as much time as I have to catch that big fish or see that huge buck.  But for some reason when I get a camera in my hands.  I lose that "skill" of having patients. Or it could be that I can’t get within 50yrds of anything without it running off no matter how slow I move.  So here I am after walking around the woods for about an hour with not much luck. And I see this beautiful fence post just sitting there holding his ground.  Click, satisfaction in some small macro way.


I’m convinced beauty is all around us, it’s all in perspective.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment